2007 BMW 530 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 530:

2007 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Apr 082016

After driving about 5 minutes from home, I parked the car in the parking lot in front of my office. About 5 minutes later, bystanders noticed a fire in engine compartment of the car and called 911. The car was in flames in a short time. The fire department arrived, put out the fire.

- Brookfield, WI, USA

Oct 282014

530 6-cyl

My 7 year old BMW will not start due to timing and valve issues - it's a part that's been recalled in 2010 cars, and is also occurring in 2007 cars (but that year does not fall under the recall). If I had been driving the car when the timing went out, then I could have been in a major accident - with the car stopping suddenly. Now I am dealing with my car never starting again.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Apr 152013

530 6-cyl

My 2007 BMW 530I engine caught fire on April 15 the moment car was ignited in the early morning. I was with my wife and 2.5 years old son at the time of incident. It could have been a major disaster or even blast if we were not home or with fire extinguisher to control the fire on time. We reported about this life-threatening incident to BMW na multiple times but their customer service representative from corporate headquarters betsy hohmann called our concerns as hypothetical unless there were personal injuries involved. BMW of fremont service center identified that PCV heated hose shorted out and burnt other components. The wire harness and intake manifold were burnt out and melted. The dealership verbally accepted this issue a design flaw that caused almost 6-9 inches flames inside the engine. BMW na customer service offered a deal to fix the problem as long as we sign a confidential nda to hide the facts. BMW na also recommended us to sell this car after repairs but we don't want to risk anyone elseż's life by not disclosing the fire even if we agree to BMW na's proposed resolution. Our confidence in BMW brand has already shaken from the outcome of our conversations because after all this is the matter of customer life, safety, trust and brand.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jul 152012

530 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 530xi. The contact stated that the temperature warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the water pump would have to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Centerreach, NY, USA

Apr 082011

Reported engine leaking transmission fluids (less than 40,000 miles at the time reported) and was advised by BMW dealership that this is a common problem, repairs exceed $1000. BMW of North America, llc's advice that if transmission goes unrepaired, risk transmission locking up and no longer drivable. BMW is aware of latent defect and potential damage, should make repairs free of charge. BMW should also be concerned with environmental impact. Transmission fluid releases toxins that when leached into groundwater, realseases contaminates into soil and water, and potentially harmful to ecosystem.

- Union City, CA, USA

Aug 172012

530 6-cyl

The engine overheated on the highway and the car stopped. I had to wait a lil while before stated back up then he overheated again. Took it to the dealer and he told me that could off cause a fire. But after review of the key data he realized that no service was overdue and ask me to let the car for the week end. I'm still waiting for the diagnostic and don't know if this malfunction is cover by a recall.

- Lakeside , CA, USA