2009 BMW 535 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 535:

2009 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Sep 012016

535

"takata recall" BMW sent me a notice of recall: Driver's front air bag module in March 2016, however, until now 10/20/2016, the local dealer never call me to replace the front air bag. Another problem: I smell gas coming out from the fuel tank when parking in the garage, however, I can not find any leak from the gas tank. I feel my BMW X5 V8 2009 may be caught in fire if I drove long distance and the car heated up.

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

May 092012

535 6-cyl

I got a passenger restraint system malfunction: Fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter restraint problem. This resulted in a red airbag light and red passenger belt to come on the dash and idrive. The passenger restraint system and belt tensioner is said to be bad. This time with a red airbag light on all the time, and the seat belt unbuckled light on as well.

- Murrieta, CA, USA