2.9

2010 BMW 535 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 535:

2010 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Jan 112017

535

While travelling in the midst of traffic on busy roadway the fuel pump stopped operating(on-board computer display). I received a message indicating the vehicle would continue to operate but should be checked. I managed to steer the vehicle from the main roadway before the power steering ceased to operate. This is the third incident in which the fuel pump failure occurred. A previous repot was made to the NHTSA #(10938620). A safety recall was activated for several vehicle with the same high pressure fuel pump, but my VIN is not listed in the database. I fear for my life and for the lives of others that could be linked to the potential tragedy that may occur. Today my vehicle was towed to a BMW service center for assessment. Of course the warranty has expired and I am waiting for an outcome and feel vulnerable. I fear that I will be stuck with the excessive expense of resolving the issue or the risk of losing my life.

- Coatesville, PA, USA

Dec 292016

535

Two times in the past five days my 2010 BMW 535xi has shut down. Each time it has malfunctioned(12/24/16 and 12/29/16), the automatic downshift actiivated). Once while traveling up a hill at approximately 35 miles per hour and once while traveling in excess of 55 miles per hour on a very busy highway. I was not able to restart the vehicle and had the vehicle tolled to a local garage. Shortly after arriving the tow operator started the vehicle. It started without hesitation a second time. I left the vehicle at the repair shop and picked it up four days later. It has started and operated as before until day five when I was traveling uphill and it initiated a downshift and stopped operating. Each time the fuel pump failure indicator came on. It is a scary feeling, especially since each time I was in the midst of other vehicles.

- Coatesville, PA, USA

Feb 162016

535

Car started sputtering and stalled after taking off from a red light.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Dec 212015

535

Yellow engine light came on, was tested and nothing was found. It started using more gas than usual and long-cranks starting the engine and shaking after the engine started. The diagnosis was all 6 fuel injectors needed replacement as they were leaking gasoline, they all failed at 73,000 miles.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Dec 102015

535

Fuel injectors failed at 51000 miles casuing loss of engine power randomly without warning extremely dangerous while on the highway. Technician states I need all six injectors replaced.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 102013

535

Since I bought the car I had these problems.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 122013

535 6-cyl

On January 12, 2013, while driving with my family on a southern California highway at speeds of roughly 70 mph, our 2010 BMW 535I sedan, suddenly lost power, stalled, could not accelerate, and became difficult to control as I crossed 3 lanes of traffic; surprisingly guided the vehicle safely to the right shoulder. At the time the vehicle lost power, a warning indicator light displayed, "engine malfunction-reduced power." As a result, it required a tow service to a local BMW dealership.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 092012

535

The contact owns a 2010 BMW 535I. The contact stated that while traveling 20 mph, the vehicle began to shake violently then the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was driven to the contact's destination and was later taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that three of the six the fuel injectors had failed. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileages was 53,300.

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA