2011 BMW 535 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 535:

2011 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Jul 282016

While filling the car with gas, engine off, fuel started pouring out the bottom of the car. At the dealership I was told that the fuel pump had a hole in it and that part of the wiring harness had melted. Extremely dangerous situation that could have resulted in fire, explosion, injury or worst. I have the repair order if needed.

- Langhorne, PA, USA

May 132016

My car stalled while driving around 50 mph on a 4-lane highway on 13 May 2016. It stopped in the middle of the road blocking traffic. I was able to back the car off the road (into oncoming traffic) with much difficulty because all systems were shut down. I called aaa and waited. The car started after I waited about 20 minutes and I cancelled the aaa tow. This happened several times before, the last time was when I had about 70,000 miles on the car. The car was recalled, I took it to the dealer and it did not happen again until last week. I now have 135,000 miles on the car. This is a very dangerous issue. I had to authorize the prescribed repair. This seems to be recurring defect that BMW should repair in all of these cars. Dealer tells be that it is a fuel pump and filter problem. This is not what was repaired at 70,000 miles.

- Chadds Ford, PA, USA

Mar 012016

Fuel system. Latley I have been driving me 2011 bmws 535I and have been having some scary problems with it. Last week I was on the highway driving 65 mph when I noticed the power of car was turning on and off. (headlights, dash lights, car power everything) it then completely shut off on the freeway. Luckily I was close to the shoulder and pulled over. Prior to this incident, my car was left at the BMW dealership in san diego for a full inspection and nothing was brought to my attention. After doing some research, I see that I am one of the thousands that are experiencing this same problem. Fuel pump and injectors gone bad. Please push for a recall!

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Sep 062015

Fuel floater is broken, therefore I have no idea how much fuel is in the tank.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Aug 122015

The contact owns a 2011 BMW 535I. The contact received a notification for an extended warranty issued for the fuel pump. The contact had not experienced any failures related to the fuel pump; however, the contact was concerned that if the failure occurred it could lead to a serious injury or death. The manufacturer would not replace the fuel pump until a failure occurred. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Warwick, NY, USA