8.5

2013 BMW 535 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 535:

2013 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Nov 072013

535 6-cyl

As I was leaving the stop sign and entering the busy intersection, my engine suddenly died. The second incident happened a few days later. I was driving about 15 mph, again the engine suddenly died.we took the car to BMW encinitas for its first maintainance check and we did mention these two scary incidents.they re-assured us that everything was fine. The latest incident happened two days ago, Feb 23,2015. My husband was driving at about 15 mph, and again the engine suddenly died and the transmission went into neutral.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 072013

535

The contact owns a 2013 BMW 535I. The contact stated that while driving 3 mph through two inches of water, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle failed to restart and was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The contact was informed that the engine had hydro-locked and would need to be replaced. The replacement engine was unavailable and the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 3,900.

- Levittown, NY, USA

Mar 162013

535 6-cyl

Once again nearly a month after my 2013 535I had its high pressure fuel pump replaced by BMW. The car decides to lose all power and not want to accelerate again while traveling on the freeway. The check engine light and drivetrain malfunction lights came on and the vehicle began shaking and sputtering. This car is not safe at all. The service advisor immediately recognized this problem and kind of blew it off by joking about how he thought BMW corrected this problem for all of their 135, 335, and 535, which is disturbing to now BMW has this problem and is still selling these vehicles. All it takes is for one time to have the wrong person traveling behind you and who knows if I would be here to even make a complaint.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jan 072013

535

The contact owns a 2013 BMW 535I. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 to 30 mph downhill, the vehicle stalled and all of the warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was later taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 1,800. The current mileage was approximately 3,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Los Angelos, CA, USA

Jan 252013

535 6-cyl

While driving on the free way my brand new 535I had a drivetrain malfunction and the check engine light came on while losing power and slowing down all while shaking. Pushing the accelerator the car would not gain speed. When I called BMW they said to stop at the nearest BMW dealership which I did. After exiting the car would not shift out of first gear and refused to go faster than 20 miles an hour shaking the whole way to the dealer. They had my car for a week before saying they needed to replace the high pressure fuel pump then run more tests and that was 2 weeks ago. The fact that they would put someone back in that car is disturbing as though they do not care about their customers or families or even the other drivers around us as I was nearly rear-ended on the freeway.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA