2.2

2006 BMW 550 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 550:

2006 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Mar 152015

550

My 06 BMW 550I is having an electric wheel lock fault just like thousands of others this as you know could possibly lead to an accident. It is my understanding that BMW has issued a service bulletin acknowledging the issue. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

- Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA

May 192008

550

Cracked wheel, caused slow loss of air not detected by tire monitoring system resulting in tire failure. Wheel is available for inspection.. new wheel purchased. Dealer did not acknowledge failure although several wheels were in dealership exhibiting similar defects across several series and years.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Nov 162007

550 6-cyl

I own a 2006 BMW 530I with 37,000 miles on original set of Bridgestone rft tires 275/40 R1893Y. These are low profile tires and on Nov 16, 07 < brought my car in for a tire check at the dealer. They determined that the rt rear wheel was cracked and has damaged the tire. This they said was not covered under warranty as they say that it was damaged from a pot hole. I said that I have been driving cars like Cadillac, Mercedes, corvette and never broke a wheel. They would not cover it and it cost me $900. Now on April 11, 2008, I went to my tire dealer that I have been buying tires from for 20+ years. He said the left rear and front wheels were cracked and also ruined the left rear tire. I am very unhappy and would like to know if the BMW 18" wheels on the above mentioned tires are defective.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA