6.0

2007 BMW 550 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 550:

2007 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Jan 032017

550

I pulled my battery to charge it and now I'm getting a wheel lock alarm which will not allow my car to start. It is in my drive way same as when I last used it. It ran fine prior to charging my battery.

- Winchester, CA, USA

Feb 082014

550

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 550I. After the vehicle was taken in for inspection, the technician observed oil leaking from the engine. The contact was informed that the valve cover gasket, timing chain cover, alternator bracket, and oil pressure switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 082011

550

Reported engine leaking transmission fluids (less than 40,000 miles at the time reported) and was advised by BMW dealership that this is a common problem, repairs exceed $1000. BMW of North America, llc's advice that if transmission goes unrepaired, risk transmission locking up and no longer drivable. BMW is aware of latent defect and potential damage, should make repairs free of charge. BMW should also be concerned with environmental impact. Transmission fluid releases toxins that when leached into groundwater, realseases contaminates into soil and water, and potentially harmful to ecosystem.

- Union City, CA, USA