2008 BMW 550 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 550:

2008 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Aug 012009

I was routinely emptying the trunk of my 2008 BMW 528I on August 1, 2009. I had to return to the cab and my right calf brushed against the exposed chrome tailpipes for no more than a second. The tailpipe was so hot, I got a second degree burn about 5 inches long. I went to the emergency room to have the wound dressed as it was blistering and I was concerned about infection. I have contacted BMW but they deny there is any danger. This injury could happen again to me or another party. See photos of injuries at

- Squaw Valley, CA, USA