1.9

2009 BMW 550 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 550:

2009 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Apr 022014

550 6-cyl

The vehicle stalled while I was driving on the freeway. The stall is related to the camshaft sensor not properly working and the fuel system not working properly. I have a 2009 BMW 528I. In April 2014 BMW did a recall related to the camshaft for 2010 - 2014 528 BMW's. I contacted my local dealer and the national BMW dealer to let them know I was having the same problem with my 2009 and to see if they were going to expand the recall to include the 2009 models. They told me no at this time they didn't have any information regarding expanding the recall. I also let them know that I had another problem with the car that could be related to the camshaft. The car's fuel system was leaking.the gas was not properly going to the engine and it was flowing back into the car and the exhaust. You could smell gas in the car and see puddles of gas when they lifted the back seat of the car. The mechanic told me I was driving a bomb. I paid $450 to have that repaired. BMW needs to expand the recall to include the 2009 cars.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA