2011 BMW 550 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 550:

2011 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Dec 292013

550 8-cyl

I was rear ended on the left side exiting the freeway when my car spun to the right into a guardrail head on and continued into a 360 degree motion. The roads were clear and normal weather conditions. After my vehicle stopped spinning my vehicle had a message stating restraint system failure and the airbags never deployed. The impact of hitting the guard rail with tremendous force should've deployed my airbags. My bumper, whole front grill, and headlights were shattered all over the highway. My whole back left side is dented in and my wheel is tilted. I would love to post pictures if possible and you will wonder how could the airbags not deploy. I would like to hear from BMW.

- Queens Village, NY, USA