7.7

2011 BMW 550 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 550:

2011 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Nov 282011

550 8-cyl

My 2011 BMW 550xi has Goodyear Eagle ls 2 run flats, 245/40. I took delivery of the car in June 2011 and have had repeated bubbles on the front tires. Four tires have been replaced to date. I have never had an issue with tires for the last 20 years. The BMW dealer is not able to say whether it is dangerous to drive on tires with bubbles.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 192011

550

I have a 2011 BMW X5 with the Bridgestone dueler H/L 400 255/50R19 107 H. the tires are 8 months old and has driven almost 14000 km. Today one of my tires cracked on a side while I was driving the car at the intersection. I almost got into car accident because of it. When I got home I've checked all my tires and found out that another tire has a bump on a side that will soon crack or blew-out on me. I don't think that it's normal that 2 out of 4 tires are damaged after only 14000 km.

- Toronto, 00, USA