4.1

2006 BMW 650 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 650:

2006 BMW 650 Owner Comments

Nov 172014

650

I started my car turned on both heated seats and begin seeing smoke and smelled distinct burning.... I pulled out of my garage and immediately pulled to the curve. My left side drivers seat was smoking and I realized my pants had a hole burned in them along with a hole in my seat. I have contacted BMW but to date no response back from them. This is a dangerous flaw in the BMW and needs further action taken. I could have been burned or this could have caused me to have a serious accident. Further my very low mileage car could have been consumed in flames.

- Aurora, CO, USA

May 012012

650 8-cyl

The passenger seat mat sensor is defective and cannot tell when a passenger is seated, therefore, not allowing a passenger air bag to deploy. The SRS air bag warning light appears. The passenger seat has not been tampered with, rarely been sat in, and the defect cannot be attributed to any error on my part.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 012006

650

2006 BMW 650I, March 2006 passenger seat would lock, airbag system malfunctioned, engine began backfiring. May 2006 the seat locked and the airbag malfunctioned again. In June the engine overheated and was repaired. *****

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA