2007 BMW 650 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 650:

2007 BMW 650 Owner Comments

Jun 012013

On a routine check, my 2007 BMW 650I was diagnosed to have an oil leak from the brake vacuum pump. This leak progressed until one day the smell of burning oil was encountered for a few seconds. I was told replacement would be 1000 dollars; thus I looked to buy and replace the part myself. However, upon searching for the part, I came across recall no. 10V-446, as apparently many 6 and 7-series have experienced a vacuum pump leak. Even though my car (E63) fit the recall dates, I was told by my dealer and BMW North America that since my engine was N62tu and not N62T, it would not be covered. This is quite remarkable considering this vacuum pump leak is precisely the issue I have been dealing with over the last year and the brake vacuum pump/lining in this engine model has exactly the same parts and setup as the recalled system and in my view, should thus be covered.

- Arleta, CA, USA