1997 BMW 740 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 BMW 740:

1997 BMW 740 Owner Comments

Sep 042015

740 IL V8

click to see larger images

air bags did not deploy

I was in a bad accident where my car was totaled in my 1997 740iL BMW. I'm thankful for my life that I was in this car for my accident. This car probably the only reason I'm not hurt from this accident. Lucky for me both my hands where on the wheel and I pushed my self back and the seat belt held me back because my air bags never deployed. That is a series issue where I got lucky that I was not hurt and there was no one else in the car when this happened. This problem needs to be fixed for anyone who does still have this car.

- , Racine, WI, USA