1998 BMW 740 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 BMW 740:

1998 BMW 740 Owner Comments

Nov 022012

740 8-cyl

I had refuled and started on the highway, I heard a thumping sound.pulled over could not fiqure out where the sound was coming from. When I reached my destanation I smelled gas. I look under the car and the gas tank was sunked inward and gas was everywhere.I have never heard of this happening.I know this is recall situation. BMW would never knowly not recall such a dangous problem.there are some things that are minor, but sucked in gas tanks isnt one of them. I cant afford to have the repair. The only car I have. Im out of options.please recall the sunk in gas tank problem on my 1998 740il, its my first BMW.I dont want it to be my last. I love the car and think BMW makes one of the finest and safe cars out money should not be a replacement for safety. Thanks, sorry for spelling.

- Chester , SC, USA