2006 BMW 750 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Apr 032015

750 8-cyl

Driver side door lock actual operating inconsistent it will not go all the way down or up when unlocking everytime. When button is push to lock it click twice and not go all the way down or up as stated before. I get a click click and lock doesn't move much either way. This is a safety hazard that I need to deal with immediately so im writing to ask you has there been a recall concerning this problem as I have read this is a common problem with other BMW owners as well. This is a car my wife drives as well as my daughter and I would hate to think what might happen if there was a accident.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jan 262015

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. While driving approximately 15 mph, the transmission seized and would not switch out of gear. The service vehicle warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Prattville, AL, USA

May 152014

750 8-cyl

Transmission fails to switch gears and lags and bumps, when entering highway won't accelerate and almost was hit by oncoming highway traffic and could have caused a mega accident and possibly lost my life. I have read several hundred complaints online and BMW has not taken any responsibility.

- Hendrrson, NV, USA

Feb 012013

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that when depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle jerked and failed to drive. The contact mentioned that the vehicle veered from left to right. In addition, the transmission default warning light illuminated continuously. On another occasion, while driving up a hill, the tires spun but the vehicle failed to drive. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jul 072014

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. While driving 30 mph, the transmission shifted into other gears independently. While approaching a stop sign, the vehicle seized and shifted into the park position. The contact had to depress the accelerator pedal to the floorboard and manually shift the gear into drive. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 117,000.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Oct 162014

750 8-cyl

I had been feeling some powerful her king when I begun to stop and accelerate a couple times.. and then one day it just stop going into gear period..

- Paris, TX, USA

Dec 052014

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the "transmission fault - drive moderately" error message would intermittently flash. The contact also stated that the vehicle jerked and independently accelerated when the brake pedal was not being depressed. The dealer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 134,000.

- Wharton, TX, USA

Sep 152014

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the transmission failed to register that the contact was changing gears intermittently. The vehicle jerked violently while coming to a complete stop and there was a very loud noise each time the vehicle was driven. The failure was getting progressively worse. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician diagnosed that the transmission, drive shaft and the guibo joint needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Fresno, TX, USA

Jun 072014

750 8-cyl

Transmission fault code, hard shifting and loss of power.

- Blythewood, SC, USA

Aug 012013

I have the 06 750 li. It has 65,000 miles on it, when I put it in drive it will kick out of drive to neutral or when I put in park it will kick out of park to neutral, then a message will come up saying transmission fault, then I will turn the car off and I will restart the car. This will work at times. This happens at least twice a week. Also, if in park and I turn on the air conditioning the car will shift out of park to neutral. My guess is the small rise in rpms, very dangerous the first time this happened. The car was and is knocking when taking off from stop. Going from stop to 1st or slowing from 2nd to stop is harsh and feels like being rear ended.

- Charleston, WV, USA

May 272014

I have the 06 750 li about 7 months now. It has 106,000 miles on it, everytime I put it in drive it will kick back out of drive, then a message will come up saying transmission fault, then I will turn the car off for about 5 mins, then I will restart the car it will work at times like this but, sometimes it want work like this. I will have to open my trunk disconnect the battery to reset everything at times this helps it help to..but, anyways I feel like I need to fill this complaint because its a lot of recalls on the older 7 series about these transmission please help me get another one some kind of way thanks..

- Wiggins, MS, USA

Apr 182014

750 8-cyl

While trying to back out of my driveway put car in reverse car jump back in to neutral, while putting car in drive loud clanking sound.many other problems with this car oil leaks around housing.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 242013

The car was and is knocking when taking off from stop. It feels I get rear ended. Also randomly goes in reverse when in park or does not go to reverse at all. Also at times go to reverse when trying to go into drive shift. When the car is cold going to reverse making a loud clunky sound. Dealer is denying any problem. It is in another shop and not fixed yet.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 112014

750 6-cyl

Two continuous issues: 1. when depressing the gas pedal the vehicle would hesitate, RPM's would shoot up, and would take 3-10 seconds to regain power and for car to accelerate. I know this doesn't make sense but this happens regularly when car sits in the hot sun during the day. Does not happen during cooler days. 2. when coming to a stop sign the vehicle makes a hard jerk and feels like someone slamming into the back of the car - hard. The car then jerks into gear. The dsc indicator light then flashes several times until I resume normal speed and then the light goes out. I'm very surprised this hasn't caused an accident or injury to my neck, it's that hard of a jerk. I've had the car to the local dealership and they can't find anything wrong. It's to the point where I don't want to drive my BMW for any unnecessary errands and thought I would upgrade to a newer 750li in the near future but not sure if I want to purchase this model again. BMW, please step up and fix this issue - there are too many complaints out there for this to continue to be ignored.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Apr 012013

I had my car to the hunterdon BMW dealership 8 times for my car refusing to leave neutral. Their factory BMW engineers checked the car twice and found no problems, the mechanics could never find the problem. They just kept reprogramming the computers till it ran. I finally gave up since BMW refused to help me. I traded the car in on 4/1/13 because I feared it would stop running again, and bought a Cadillac. The problem with this is I received peanuts for my car because of it history, no dealers wanted it, they knew it was a lemon. So BMW sold me a lemon and I ended up with a worthless car, and a year later they admit it was a problem. They knew all along by the hundreds of complaints that they had a problem, and ignored it. There were hundreds of people on web pages complaining, and all of them were ignored by BMW.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Mar 072014

750 8-cyl

The car transmission will not engage. If you try to put the car in reverse or forward gear nothing happens. The gear goes to neutral and does not let parking gear or any other gear angage. If gear stays in drive mod and when you are wondering what to do gear suddenly engages itself and car shoots itself if brake pedal was not pressed. I contacted the dealer who notified that they could not assess the problem for a week because of busy schedule. The car is in non dealer shop currently.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 092014

750 8-cyl

When I was in park put car in reverse and car would not go in reverse went back into neutral on its own, so I put car back in park and retried and put it reverse several times and when the transmission kicked into reverse there was a large clank sound and a jerk that felt like I had been hit from behind, when stopped at red light to take off same thing the car jerked again. Then transmission fault light came on stated drive moderately, and another warning came on stating certain gears were not working correctly. Parked in garage and after several attempts the car did the same thing, vehicle was taken to local dealership for inspection and diagnostic testing to detect problems.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 152013

750 8-cyl

Continuation of affected parts: Latches/locks/linkages and parking brake, your site states recalls for 2006 BMW 750I, but BMW said there is no recalls for my VIN. I have been having multiple safety issues with this vehicle. I have been having problems with the latches/locks on all four doors, they repeatedly go lock and unlock. I was driving down the street with my 3 year old grandchild and his door came open. The car also accelerates and shuts down almost like is going to stop. Parking brake light will not go off and it makes a grinding noise.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Dec 202013

750 8-cyl

When driving down the interstate the car lost power go from during 60mph to 20 mph and I was on the gas, the vehicle stall out and would take 3-10 seconds to re-gain any power before the vehicle would begin to accelerate. Also once coming up to a stoplight or stop sign, the vehicle would feel as if someone had slammed into the back of me possibly jerking into gear. Spent countless times at the dealership with them giving me the run around, replacing random parts before replacing the entire transmission and still the vehicle continues to have issues. Now the car is misfiring and will not start at all. Been in the shop for 2 months and still not working.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Dec 112013

750 8-cyl

I entered and started vehicle as I have done many times before. Put lever in reverse and it jumps back to park; put it in drive, it jumps back to park. Tried several times and same situation as described. Vehicle displays control module and transmission fault.

- Frederick, MD, USA