1.9

2006 BMW 750 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jan 012015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. While driving 55 mph, the transmission warning light illuminated. In addition, the gear lever independently shifted from drive into the park position. The contact had to apply force to the gear lever in order to shift into the drive or park position. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the clutch and transmission computer needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 202012

750

After slowly making a turn and applying the accelerator the car jerked and made a loud sound I thought I had been hit from behind nothing else happened. It still does this at least once or twice a month an independent mechanic don't seem to be to concerned but I am. The car also revs up very fast sometimes without me trying to when I accelerate I have to apply breaks to stop it very scary.

- Maywood, IL, USA

Apr 302013

750 4-cyl

If you take off slowly from a stop, the transmission, while switching between 2nd and 3rd gear, will propel the car forward abruptly creating a loud metallic sound like gears slamming into each other (immediately illuminating the transmission fault). The transmission will stay in either gear until you stop the car and turn it off. As long as you speed through the gears, this will never occur. Sad to think you have drive irresponsible to prevent transmission damage. I took the vehicle to a BMW technician who diagnosed it as being a bad transmission, drive shaft and guibo joint. After 2-years of learning to power through the gears, my bad transmission works fine, drive shaft and guibo joint are unaffected and chalk up another defective guibo joint blamed for unnecessary repairs. This needs to be recalled as this will disable a car during take off causing multiple safety issues in congested traffic.

- Inverness , FL, USA

Jan 282015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle started to shake violently and the transmission and the service engine indicators illuminated. The contact had to maneuver to the side of the road to a complete stop. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The technicians diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 136,000.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Dec 042014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. While driving at various speeds, the speed suddenly decelerated and the transmission default sensor illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who indicated that the power train was faulty. No further information was available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 126,000.

- Whitmire, SC, USA

Apr 032015

750 8-cyl

Driver side door lock actual operating inconsistent it will not go all the way down or up when unlocking everytime. When button is push to lock it click twice and not go all the way down or up as stated before. I get a click click and lock doesn't move much either way. This is a safety hazard that I need to deal with immediately so im writing to ask you has there been a recall concerning this problem as I have read this is a common problem with other BMW owners as well. This is a car my wife drives as well as my daughter and I would hate to think what might happen if there was a accident.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jan 262015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. While driving approximately 15 mph, the transmission seized and would not switch out of gear. The service vehicle warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Prattville, AL, USA

May 152014

750 8-cyl

Transmission fails to switch gears and lags and bumps, when entering highway won't accelerate and almost was hit by oncoming highway traffic and could have caused a mega accident and possibly lost my life. I have read several hundred complaints online and BMW has not taken any responsibility.

- Hendrrson, NV, USA

Feb 012013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that when depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle jerked and failed to drive. The contact mentioned that the vehicle veered from left to right. In addition, the transmission default warning light illuminated continuously. On another occasion, while driving up a hill, the tires spun but the vehicle failed to drive. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jul 072014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. While driving 30 mph, the transmission shifted into other gears independently. While approaching a stop sign, the vehicle seized and shifted into the park position. The contact had to depress the accelerator pedal to the floorboard and manually shift the gear into drive. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 117,000.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Oct 162014

750 8-cyl

I had been feeling some powerful her king when I begun to stop and accelerate a couple times.. and then one day it just stop going into gear period..

- Paris, TX, USA

Dec 052014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the "transmission fault - drive moderately" error message would intermittently flash. The contact also stated that the vehicle jerked and independently accelerated when the brake pedal was not being depressed. The dealer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 134,000.

- Wharton, TX, USA

Sep 152014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the transmission failed to register that the contact was changing gears intermittently. The vehicle jerked violently while coming to a complete stop and there was a very loud noise each time the vehicle was driven. The failure was getting progressively worse. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician diagnosed that the transmission, drive shaft and the guibo joint needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Fresno, TX, USA

Jun 072014

750 8-cyl

Transmission fault code, hard shifting and loss of power.

- Blythewood, SC, USA

Aug 012013

750

I have the 06 750 li. It has 65,000 miles on it, when I put it in drive it will kick out of drive to neutral or when I put in park it will kick out of park to neutral, then a message will come up saying transmission fault, then I will turn the car off and I will restart the car. This will work at times. This happens at least twice a week. Also, if in park and I turn on the air conditioning the car will shift out of park to neutral. My guess is the small rise in rpms, very dangerous the first time this happened. The car was and is knocking when taking off from stop. Going from stop to 1st or slowing from 2nd to stop is harsh and feels like being rear ended.

- Charleston, WV, USA

May 272014

750

I have the 06 750 li about 7 months now. It has 106,000 miles on it, everytime I put it in drive it will kick back out of drive, then a message will come up saying transmission fault, then I will turn the car off for about 5 mins, then I will restart the car it will work at times like this but, sometimes it want work like this. I will have to open my trunk disconnect the battery to reset everything at times this helps it help to..but, anyways I feel like I need to fill this complaint because its a lot of recalls on the older 7 series about these transmission please help me get another one some kind of way thanks..

- Wiggins, MS, USA

Apr 182014

750 8-cyl

While trying to back out of my driveway put car in reverse car jump back in to neutral, while putting car in drive loud clanking sound.many other problems with this car oil leaks around housing.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 242013

750

The car was and is knocking when taking off from stop. It feels I get rear ended. Also randomly goes in reverse when in park or does not go to reverse at all. Also at times go to reverse when trying to go into drive shift. When the car is cold going to reverse making a loud clunky sound. Dealer is denying any problem. It is in another shop and not fixed yet.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 112014

750 6-cyl

Two continuous issues: 1. when depressing the gas pedal the vehicle would hesitate, RPM's would shoot up, and would take 3-10 seconds to regain power and for car to accelerate. I know this doesn't make sense but this happens regularly when car sits in the hot sun during the day. Does not happen during cooler days. 2. when coming to a stop sign the vehicle makes a hard jerk and feels like someone slamming into the back of the car - hard. The car then jerks into gear. The dsc indicator light then flashes several times until I resume normal speed and then the light goes out. I'm very surprised this hasn't caused an accident or injury to my neck, it's that hard of a jerk. I've had the car to the local dealership and they can't find anything wrong. It's to the point where I don't want to drive my BMW for any unnecessary errands and thought I would upgrade to a newer 750li in the near future but not sure if I want to purchase this model again. BMW, please step up and fix this issue - there are too many complaints out there for this to continue to be ignored.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Apr 012013

750

I had my car to the hunterdon BMW dealership 8 times for my car refusing to leave neutral. Their factory BMW engineers checked the car twice and found no problems, the mechanics could never find the problem. They just kept reprogramming the computers till it ran. I finally gave up since BMW refused to help me. I traded the car in on 4/1/13 because I feared it would stop running again, and bought a Cadillac. The problem with this is I received peanuts for my car because of it history, no dealers wanted it, they knew it was a lemon. So BMW sold me a lemon and I ended up with a worthless car, and a year later they admit it was a problem. They knew all along by the hundreds of complaints that they had a problem, and ignored it. There were hundreds of people on web pages complaining, and all of them were ignored by BMW.

- Washington, NJ, USA