2006 BMW 750 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Nov 252015

Fuel leak in passenger compartment under seat. The plastic cap covering the fuel tank and pump access has a leak near black wire harness connector. Several others in online forums have described same problem. Fuel pools beneath right rear passenger seat. Plastic cap has a crack on underside which when pressurized pushes fuel out the top of the cap. Dealership quoted $767.81 for new fuel pump. This is clearly a safety concern as fuel smell is in passenger compartment. The defect is only on the plastic cap covering the fuel tank access and is sold as part of the fuel pump system. The fuel pools inside the passenger compartment

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Oct 202012

750 4WD 8-cyl

Oct 19th 2012, 2006 BMW 750li. (automatic park feature causes vehicle to almost run over my daughter on its own) I stopped the car on my driveway and opened the driver door while at the same time pushed the P park button on the shifter (opening door while car is stopped causes this model to automatically shift to "P" park) I proceeded to exit car to key in my garage code on the keypad mounted by the door about 8 feet away. This is my first car with automatic park feature so just in case I always manually push the "P" park button as a redundant habit. I think it's important to note that I physically saw the transmission shift from D drive to P park and light up before exiting the vehicle. The car was still running and in park!, when out of the corner of my eye, before the garage door could open I noticed the car following me. It moved about 8 feet and barely missed my 4 year old that was on her bicycle about 5 feet away. It slammed into my garage door at around 2-5mph before coming to a stop on its own before I could do anything about it. When I got back in the car, there was little gear light on the dash and a transmission failure code" appeared and it had shifted to N neutral on its own. Now when I attempt to put in D drive it automatically goes into neutral after a few seconds. Apparently, it went into neutral all by itself and inertial plowed into the door. It didn't make sense to me how it went from park to neutral until I read your article regarding an ongoing investigation. I further found through the BMW forums that this is an issue affecting many cars in this year and model range. I even noticed that your administration has investigated this issue in the past.

- Desoto, TX, USA