1.3

2006 BMW 750 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Nov 062016

750

Transmission fault. Drive moderately. Car won't move forward when shifted to drive. Gear won't engage.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 042016

750

Passenger door will not latch. The passenger door opened on the highway and my kid almost flew out of the car. The door will not shut close & it remains open. There is a defect with the latching mechanism.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Aug 022013

750

BMW 2006 750li in 2013 the doors open up after driving to wife job to drop her off, after doing so left the parking lot made a left U-turn, front passenger door open up unexpected! second time my mother was in the rear passenger side lucky all had the seat belts on! I took the car to BMW dealership in bayside they told me its wasn't the software it was the hardware in the door, and that this recall wasn't for my problem. Cost $1345 now in 2015 they blame it on the door handle malfunction, which this part is not in the recall, some say latches, locks, linkages are covered but not door handle so I had to pay again for the second time this was $1645. 00 for the rear door! funny have two more doors to go! so BMW decided to come up a part that is not named in the recall so the customer will have to pay for it! my opinion! the door don't smell of new paint! just saying! if the door open up while in motion with the locks activated how is not coved by this recall when it clearly says door latches, lock, linkages,

- St. Albans, NY, USA

Aug 212014

750

This vehicle has become a money eating one. The problem started with a jolt. The car would make a jumping forward movement similar to been hit from the back. I took to several mechanics including BMW dealer and made server repairs base on recommendations but the problem continues. Eventually, the car will cut off and shifts from drive to neutral while driving. I took to BMW dealer several times but the problems was not identified so no solution was possible. At one point the entire system died and I was told by a mechanic that I needed a new alternator and battery - this did not stop the problem. Eventually, I was told by the BMW dealer that I needed a new transmission. I took to local transmission person who installed a rebuilt transmission. The car was ok for a few days then another problem occurs. When in parking position the level does not go to P it shifts to N - again! after I spent so much money. I was told by the mechanic that the car is actually in park but he has no idea why the computer is not doing the right thing. I am going crazy with this situation and wish BMW would do something because their cars are extremely expensive but instead of getting the value I ended up getting a money eating vehicle.

- South Ozone Park, NY, USA