1.7

2007 BMW 750 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 750:

2007 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Feb 112016

750

On my way to work the door disengaged and opened on me, very scary and dangerous, I found info on recall campaign 12V-504 soft close automatic function......called some local dealers about the issue not only do I receive vague run around replies stating 1st the car doesnt match recall then after I show them the paper all of a sudden the car was called in already and fixed even tho same issue is back but now uh oh warrenty is out cant do anything, this is pathetic they look for any reason to cop out and refuse to even inspect with out charging $200 ! its unnecessary to have to pay $200 to tell me the door is broken I can see that. I could have gotten seriously hurt or worse died driving the car like this and bmws enthusiastic attempts to look for any excuse to refuse repair is sickening. My car drivers door doesnt close I tell BMW dealer my car matchs year make model and defect specifically matching recall, it says in recall not to drive like that !, service advisor person litterally looked at computer looked back at me and said the computer says your car got inspected for recall already, but oddly couldnt tell me where it was fixed which door malfunctioned or how it was repaired. No reciept re print no helpful info at all just idk itll be $200 to inspect and we close early today then said have a nice day good luck, they let us drive off in that nasty condition couldnt say who what where the car was already seen for recall just that I was screwed and car 1st didnt match recall then changed to was called in for recall but no assistance for when sypmton re appeared. Just a "did you make appoinment"" have you purchased here before"" "we are busy today and closing soon" how conveint for BMW, not so much for me and my family tho, no concern for customer safety at all.......

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Apr 152014

750

My vehicle has a drivers side defective door latch leaving the door to occasionally not close properly and unexpectedly open. This is a critical vehicle component that is not serving its purpose causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside and outside the vehicle. Due to extremely poor design my vehicles navigation/audio components are inoperable. Leakage of fluid from the trunk hydraulic shock down onto the navigation system has resulted in wiring system problems that may result in fire and or loss of lighting. I have maintained my vehicle since purchase with the most attentive and prestigious service. I am extremely concerned and disappointed that I am having these safety and poor design problems due to BMW defects and flaws. Last week I called BMW of North America regarding these 2 safety issues. I was advised to take it to by BMW service center for inspection and contact them upon doing so. Yesterday I contacted them in an attempt to forward the diagnosis/action plan and to my surprise not only was I refused the right to forward the paperwork but was also refused any remedy by BMW.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 312014

750

Drivers side front door failed to close or latch. The door had to be 'zip tied' to rear driver side door to get the vehicle home. I took the vehicle into the dealership for diagnosis and was told that the issue was due to a faulty door lock actuator for my vehicle which has comfort access and soft close doors. I find this to be a serious safety issue if the actuator fails that the door cannot be closed at all.

- Reston, VA, USA

Nov 252013

750 8-cyl

The driver door will not latch. It came equipped with comfort access and soft touch doors. The front driver door did not latch properly when closed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. I was advised that the door lock actuator and outer handle failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted.

- Concord, CA, USA

Sep 072010

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the driver's side door would erroneously open when making a turn. The contact stated that the soft door close system failed. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was confirmed that the soft close automatic options failed, but the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 12V504000(latches/locks/linkages: Doors: Latch). The failure mileage was 78,000 and the current mileage was 98,000. Updated 4/22/13 the consumer stated the driver's side sometimes would not latch. The soft close does not work, intermittently. Updated 05/14/2013

- Englewood, CA, USA

Nov 062010

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. The contact stated that the front passenger side door would not close. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that it was a normal function of the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 90,000.

- Corona, CA, USA