2007 BMW 750 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 750:

2007 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Jan 012015

My driver side door will not close. Both comfort access and soft close is not working.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Apr 012013

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. While making a turn at 10 mph, the rear driver side door independently opened. In addition, the door open was displayed across the message board and the soft close door option functioned intermittently. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V504000 (latches/locks/linkages). The failure mileage was 35,000. Updated 8/31/15

- Foster City , CA, USA

Apr 152014

My vehicle has a drivers side defective door latch leaving the door to occasionally not close properly and unexpectedly open. This is a critical vehicle component that is not serving its purpose causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside and outside the vehicle. Due to extremely poor design my vehicles navigation/audio components are inoperable. Leakage of fluid from the trunk hydraulic shock down onto the navigation system has resulted in wiring system problems that may result in fire and or loss of lighting. I have maintained my vehicle since purchase with the most attentive and prestigious service. I am extremely concerned and disappointed that I am having these safety and poor design problems due to BMW defects and flaws. Last week I called BMW of North America regarding these 2 safety issues. I was advised to take it to by BMW service center for inspection and contact them upon doing so. Yesterday I contacted them in an attempt to forward the diagnosis/action plan and to my surprise not only was I refused the right to forward the paperwork but was also refused any remedy by BMW.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jun 152014

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted after waiting a few moments and then resumed to normal. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the integrated control module needed to be replaced. An independent mechanic repaired the vehicle. On a separate occasion, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the front driver's side occupant seat mat sensor failed which was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 152014

Drivers side front airbag seat mat sensor. Fault for driver side seat mat sensor. The passenger side seat mat sensor has been replaced under recall for the vehicle. However, the drivers side still has the error and I would like to know why the driver side seat mat sensor is not also covered under the recall for the passenger side seat mat sensor.

- Reston, VA, USA

Oct 312014

Drivers side front door failed to close or latch. The door had to be 'zip tied' to rear driver side door to get the vehicle home. I took the vehicle into the dealership for diagnosis and was told that the issue was due to a faulty door lock actuator for my vehicle which has comfort access and soft close doors. I find this to be a serious safety issue if the actuator fails that the door cannot be closed at all.

- Reston, VA, USA

Mar 032014

TL- the contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. The contact stated that there had been no concerns with the vehicle before the recall repair. The contact had the recall repair for NHTSA campaign id number: 12V502000 (electrical system, power train) and after the repair the contact had noticed the transmission slipping gears at random. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who was to inspect, diagnose and repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified that the failure started after the recall repair. The approximate failure mileage was 75000. Dyd

- Randallstown, MD, USA

Jan 172013

750 8-cyl

While driving at 25-30mph, the vehicle stalled losing all power including the power steering and having to coast into the breakdown lane. This is the second time in 3 months. After sitting for 15 minutes and 5-10 "no starts", the vehicle finally started and drove normally. The dealership is unable to replicate the event. There is a current power supply recall on several BMW models demonstrating the same symptoms. BMW states that the power supply on the 750li is different from those vehicles under the recall. This model should also be included as I have read several similar complaints on the BMW forums. This is a very dangerous safety hazard in which many BMW 7 series owners are experiencing.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jun 012012

750 8-cyl

My complaint is with 2007 BMW 750li model. There is an energy parasite in the vehicle's electrical system. It has been narrowed down/pointed out as the "comfort access system" by other owners. This comfort access system does not shut-down completely when parked and drains the battery. Energy drain also occurs during the vehicle operation and the vehicle shuts down A/C blower frequently to conserve energy. It required me to jump start the vehicle on numerous occasions. I have taken the vehicle to BMW dealers on three different occasions and besides changing the battery, nothing much has been addressed. Even after new battery, loss of energy still persists. There are many complaints on the web regarding this issue. BMW would not proactively address the issue, unless the diagnostics system directs them to a specific area/areas. My vehicle currently is not pointing to any errors, so BMW shrugs away and asks me to live with it. In the meanwhile, it is an unreliable and unsafe vehicle to operate. Presently, the loss of energy is resulting in blower or other energy consuming device shutdown, and requiring a jump for vehicle start up. If this phenomenon gets worse, the vehicle can loose power completely during operation and shutdown, leading to a very unsafe condition, especially, on highways it can lead to fatal accidents. I would like this safety issue to be addressed by NHTSA. I am available anytime to provide any additional information. This issue has been reported to BMW dealers at mt. Laurel, NJ and alexandria, va, and customer service and is fully documented by them.

- Lorton, VA, USA

May 102010

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. While driving at 25 mph, the vehicle suddenly shut off with no prior warning. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealership where a part was repaired on one of the doors. The vehicle was taken to the dealership on three prior occasions where the contact was informed that the battery had died. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The current and failure mileages were approximately 33,000.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Aug 102008

Since purchasing my BMW 750li I have had nothing but problems starting w/the keyless remote which would not start the car(push start)/inserted. This was taken to the shop 4X before the problem was solved...2nd the battery died 2X on a 2007 unbelievable, now each time I turn off the car the battery is discharged so it makes you hesitate to drive anywhere far..the rims cracked causing continuous low tire pressure I spend more time @lb BMW its unreal they treat you unfair so with a dreamcar this is truly a horror!!

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Dec 242007

Hid headlights and the amount of glare produced needs to be regulated by the government. I drive a lot of narrow county 2 lane raads where there are no right side white lines. I have to close my eyes sometimes when cars with these new headlights approach. I drive with regular headlights at safe speeds at night and have never felt the need for these flamethrower lights. I'm sure drivers with hid's love them but they are jeopardizing the safety of themselves and me. BMW lights seem to be the worst. The american made cars with hid's seem to be better.

- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA