2007 BMW 750 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 750:

2007 BMW 750 Owner Comments

May 202015

I was communting to work when the door popped open. At first I heard the dash chime and qucikly noticed the sound of wind while I was driving. I looked to my left and the driver side door was cracked open while I was driving 65 miles an hour. I reacted quickly but was in complete was shock. I attempted to quickly shut the door while driving but the lock would not catch. All I could do was hold the door close as tightly as I could until I was able to pull over. When I stopped I made three attempts to close the door completey, on the forth try it closed. I continued to drive on to work and about twenty minutes later it happened again but I was just upthe street from my job. I went to work and called my husband crying and the nearest BMW service dept. I did not call anyone while communting after the incident due to the fact that I was in fear of the door opening again and my hands were not free. I called the dealer and the rep researched for any recalls in regards in which he could not locate any on the door handle. He informed me that it was something with the door module and I needed to update the programming for the door. I was totally confused. But it cost me $700 for one door lock replacement. After the incident I recalled that a couple times prevously to the incident that the soft close would sometimes not work on the front driver side door and to this date I am unsure if the two problems correlated to my $700 fix.

- Kingstree, SC, USA

Apr 152014

My vehicle has a drivers side defective door latch leaving the door to occasionally not close properly and unexpectedly open. This is a critical vehicle component that is not serving its purpose causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside and outside the vehicle. Due to extremely poor design my vehicles navigation/audio components are inoperable. Leakage of fluid from the trunk hydraulic shock down onto the navigation system has resulted in wiring system problems that may result in fire and or loss of lighting. I have maintained my vehicle since purchase with the most attentive and prestigious service. I am extremely concerned and disappointed that I am having these safety and poor design problems due to BMW defects and flaws. Last week I called BMW of North America regarding these 2 safety issues. I was advised to take it to by BMW service center for inspection and contact them upon doing so. Yesterday I contacted them in an attempt to forward the diagnosis/action plan and to my surprise not only was I refused the right to forward the paperwork but was also refused any remedy by BMW.

- Long Beach, CA, USA