2.1

2007 BMW 750 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 750:

2007 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Aug 142015

750

Transmission began to loose power, shifting by its self, with a message stating ' "transmission default malfunction" car came to a complete stop on freeway almost throwing me through windshield.take car to closest dealer immediately, also would not shift out of park. 2) malfunction message regarding driver seat belt with illuminated icon. 3) driver door opens by its self my daughter almost fell out of the car at 60mph I had to get transmission fixed twice at an autherized shop costing over $ 3000 and is still acting

- Forestville, CA, USA

Nov 192015

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the passenger side air bag and the passenger side seat belt warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the an error message ┐fault in passenger restraint system effecting the air bag belt tensioner or seat belt force limited" displayed across the instrument panel. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jul 142015

750

System airbag failure light came on inside the car when I was driving and remained on. Message stated that I needed to take it to the nearest BMW dealership. I took the car to my mechanic who diagnosed the problem being the front seat occupant mat and was told by my mechanic that this has been a big problem with BMW and certain models of there cars and I should check into a possible recall in this.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

May 012015

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred each time the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the frontal air bag sensors were faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Center Hill, FL, USA

Apr 272015

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the passenger restraint system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 67,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 152014

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted after waiting a few moments and then resumed to normal. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the integrated control module needed to be replaced. An independent mechanic repaired the vehicle. On a separate occasion, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the front driver's side occupant seat mat sensor failed which was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 152014

750

Drivers side front airbag seat mat sensor. Fault for driver side seat mat sensor. The passenger side seat mat sensor has been replaced under recall for the vehicle. However, the drivers side still has the error and I would like to know why the driver side seat mat sensor is not also covered under the recall for the passenger side seat mat sensor.

- Reston, VA, USA

Oct 292014

750 8-cyl

Just had to paid over $900 dollars to have my fronts passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat replaced. I see that there was a recalled issued for these item on November 2013 recall campaign number 13V-564. I was told by BMW of dallas that my VIN number was not part of the recall. I find it a an odd coincident that my vehicle air bag light was on and BMW technicians diagnose the problem as a faulty sensor mat but I'm told that my vehicle manufacture date does not fall within the dates the faulty mat was used. I think BMW should look into the possibility that more VIN numbers might have been affected by a faulty mat and more VIN numbers should be part of the recall.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Jul 262014

750 8-cyl

At home cranked car to leave and airbag and seat belt warning lights came on. Called dealership and was told it is the front seat occupant protection mat, but no recall for this model. They are well aware of this problem. Afraid to drive a car that cost so much and BMW wont stand behind their product is ridiculous.

- Goldston, NC, USA

May 012014

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the front passenger side air bag light illuminated intermittently and when the seat was occupied or not occupied. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact was unaware if the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 112013

750 8-cyl

BMW has a recall on the air bag for this year and model but they refuse to honor the recall saying that only certain VIN# were covered. How can that be when mine has failed, should I not be covered since I have a sensor that failed.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jan 012013

750

Air bag occupancy sensor mat fault illuminated upon initial start of the vehicle in the morning. Took it to the dealer the next day and was diagnosed as having a defective passenger occupancy mat. However, the current recall does not cover it even though its a 2007 because the build date was Feb 2007 and the recall covers build dates of 2005 to Sept. 2006. This should be covered under the same recall.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Dec 012011

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. The contact stated that the passenger front air bag failed. The warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the mechanic to have a diagnostic performed which located the failure at the passenger front seat satellite. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,555 and the approximate current mileage was 103,000.

- Atlanta , GA, USA

Apr 012013

750

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the passenger seat occupancy sensor had failed and would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified and stated they would extend his warranty to cover the repair. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 40,000.

- Bend, OR, USA

Dec 202012

750 8-cyl

My passenger air bags are inoperable in my vehicle. It was this way when I bought the car. It was reported to me the vehicle was under recall for the situation but when I had the car taken to the dealership, they informed me my particular vehicle wasn't under recall. My question is why is my car isn't one of the vehicles under recall. I had the car checked out by a certified BMW mechanic and he stated it's in the passenger occupancy detector.

- Atlanta, GA, USA