2.1

2006 BMW 760 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 760:

2006 BMW 760 Owner Comments

Jul 042016

760

While stopping, the brake pedal became extremely hard and went to the floor, just barely avoiding a catastrophe. This happened with no warning whatsoever, and this could have been a multiple death accident. I contacted BMW of na and they informed me that my VIN number was not included in the recall. I clearly should be, because I know I am not the only one this problem.

- Magnolia, NJ, USA

Feb 042016

760

As a consumer and also reading about other consumers having issues with the high pressure fuel pumps, the oem part which BMW is charging to fix this problem is over $6,000. The parts are only for the 2006 760I and they seems to be going out on a lot of people. Some consumers were lucky to have it go out during their warranty but some have to deal with this type of expense after wards. If this part seems to go out on a lot of 760I models in BMW there should be a recall out their to fix them. I can understand if there was a few but there are at least 20 just on the forum that I normally go to for answers to my questions. This seems to be an epidemic and BMW needs to take ownership of this, especially since this is only on one model and that the cost of this is overwhelming.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA