2002 BMW M3 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW M3:

2002 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Feb 242011

The rear mirror in my vehicle is a self-dimming one. While parked in the garage overnight, I came out to a significant discoloration in the glass, almost like there was water inside of the mirror. I figured it would need replacement, but did not think it would deteriorate so fast. The next evening, I parked in the garage again. I came out the next morning and the discoloration had worsened. I noticed splatter all over the area underneath the mirror. It appears the fluid had leaked out and dripped all over my shifter, trim, window buttons, and cupholders. Any part that was plastic had burn marks from the splatter of the corrosive liquid. I was very uneasy cleaning up the remaining liquid as it is obviously very corrosive. I spoke with bmwna and they instructed me since the car is out of warranty, there was nothing they could do. This issue is beyond a damaged part; it is a safety and health hazard.

- Austin, TX, USA