1.9

2005 BMW M3 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW M3:

2005 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Aug 102013

M3

Smg transmission light came on and randomly went into neutral while driving down the four lane and almost caused an accident. Light went off and it seemed fine L for a couple weeks and same happened again when I was on the interstate taking my son to the hospital. I called BMW and was informed that there wasnt a recall on the transmission and therefore it isnt deemed an issue on thier end. I told them I wasnted this reported and was told they would have the report in thier system. I was not aware until recently that you have to report it to NHTSA. The forums I have read have also called BMW and reported issues. They may not be aware that they have to report it to NHTSA and not BMW. Very disheartening. I have not been able to enjoy driving my car because of BMW wants almost $6000 to fix the issue and give a 1 yr warranty on something they know to be an issue with these transmissions. They offer no assistance with expense with this well know issue.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA