2008 BMW M3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW M3:

2008 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Sep 012016

ABS hydro unit on E92 M3 2008 just failed, it is a common issue on all BMW cars, though problem is over the year and because of poor soldiering these unit fails, causing braking problem, cruise control not working irresponsive, and stability control problems.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 172014

M3 8-cyl

Incident 1 I was making a left turn after the signal and entering into the freeway at 25 mph, and during the turn, there was a slight inclination in the road like a bump and the car landed on the front right wheel and immediately the I lost steering control and had dsc (dynamic stability control) and brake warning and I was this close to getting rammed by a truck from behind and I hurt my hand during this event because I could hardly steer my car and barely pulled on to the curb of the freeway. How can a BMW be so delicate, it cant handle a bump and if it cannot, then why did I loose steering control ? incident 2 2 weeks before this incident had a clutch bearing failure, which resulted in the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and did and retrieve, I could not change the gear and almost ran into another accident because the car came to a halt in the middle of the road. The vehicle is pre-certified by BMW and it's been only 4 months since I purchased the vehicle.

- Detroit, MI, USA