2009 BMW M3 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW M3:

2009 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Apr 062016

Takata recall, replacement air bags are not available. BMW has no idea when they will be. This is not right, I should not have to drive this car with this defect.

- Sutton, MA, USA

Mar 242016

Takata recall hello madam/ sir, I received a safety recall notice - 16V-071 regarding faulty drivers side airbags in my 2009 BMW M3. The notice (attached) clearly states that in an event of airbag getting deployed, the airbag might explode causing serious injury or death.BMW says that they don't have any information of when new parts will be available. To avoid any potential issue of something happening, I have been renting a car for a while. I have also contacted BMW and have been unsuccessful so far to receive any help. BMW told me that BMW dealership of ann arbor will contact me for alternate transportation and then BMW of ann arbor told me that they are not supporting this recall. I have just been going back and forth with BMW and the dealership without any assistance. How am I supposed to drive a vehicle when the recall clearly states that explosion of airbag might even cause death? I can't just afford to continue renting a car. Any help from NHTSA would be greatly appreciated. I am happy to provide more information. Kind regards, abhinav jain

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Feb 152016

Error message: Fault in - passenger restrain system affecting airbag, belt tensioner, or belt force limiter. This is caused by fault seat mat sensor in the passenger seat, which may cause the airbag not to function properly.

- Spring Hill, TN, USA