4.1

2010 BMW M3 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW M3:

2010 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Mar 122016

M3

Loud knocking noise and a ticking noise that whined up when accelerated and slowly whined down when the accelerator is released. It appears to be bad rod bearing and it occurred within an hour of an oil change at the dealership. According to online forums this is not an uncommon occurrence.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jan 032016

M3

2010 E92 55K miles (88K km) the car is unmodified. The car has a full service history. The vehicle never tracked - almost all travel during my ownership were highway miles (23K). The cause of the incident was a failure of the number 1 rod bearing. The incident occurred on a wet single lane road in poor weather. I was lucky to avoid an accident when vehicles following me were caught unawares by my unexpected deceleration. The was little opportunity to pull over to the side of the road with safety due to the conditions. I lost power steering and power brakes which made the car more difficult to control.

- Canberra, HI, USA