2014 BMW M6 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW M6:

2014 BMW M6 Owner Comments

Feb 072016

While driving on a multi-lane divided expressway at 65mph suddenly the engine stalled and shut down which forced a very unsafe driving condition. Other cars did not have ample time to slow down and react nor did I. luckily after a few narrow misses I managed to evacuate the car. I was getting the error message "drive train malfunction- reduced power output" and the service engine soon warning light at the same instance in time as the failure occurred (not before the failure occured, but rather at the same time). This made for a very dangerous, unsafe situation that scared me a great deal. I'm sure other drivers were alarmed, too since this is a fast moving multi-lane expressway. The car is only two years old and after being towed to the united BMW of roswell, ga I was informed of a long list of failed components by the service rep. High pressure fuel pump, fuel injectors, catalytic convertor, car battery, spark plugs and several others. I was informed I'd have to pay some $4000 to get all this repaired. I hope something can be done to prevent such dangerous and costly malfunctions in the future.this truly is a bona fide safety issue I can honestly attest to it.

- Cumming, GA, USA