2014 BMW X1 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW X1:

2014 BMW X1 Owner Comments

Dec 252016

X1

While driving the 2014 BMW X1 at highway speeds (60mph) the front glass panel of the panoramic sunroof spontaneously exploded. The explosion caused a shocking boom, and some small fragments of tempered glass fell into the passenger compartment of the car, some fragments blew into the vehicle behind us and some fragments remained shattered in-place. When able to pull over and inspect, the glass seemed to shatter outward, and no object that may have impacted the glass could be found. The manufacturer denies responsibility for the spontaneous breakage, though the service personnel at the dealership said they have seen this happen in several other instances.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Oct 112014

X1 4-cyl

Driving from a parking slot at carl's jr., my car suddenly accelerated with a loud engine roar, to approximately 80-90 mph, jumped over a curb over an island, run through three parking slots, hit another curb and hit a palm tree-which finally stopped my car- at a distance of about 50-60 feet from my parked position. I was stepping on the brakes for the whole 5-6 seconds until my car hit the palm tree. The brake just did not work. Mistakenly stepping on the accelerator, is out of the question--with all the jarring and swaying--any idiot will step on the brake, which I did. My wife is hospitalized with a fractured spine and I suffer recurrent headaches. BMW and allstate promised to investigate but no earlier than 3 months after the accident!

- Anaheim, CA, USA