2014 BMW X1 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW X1:

2014 BMW X1 Owner Comments

Feb 012016

X1 4-cyl

Takata recall - I am currently stuck with a car that I do not like and have had multiple electrical issues with since I originally purchased it in 2014. I have had every intention of trading this car in, but now with the recall, I am stuck with it. BMW has been totally rude and gives no information on when the airbags will be available. When I brought the car in for service, my service rep said that the good news is that if I died due to the airbag, my family would at least be rich. We have contact BMW and they tell us that the airbag we have isn't really part of the recall, but since all of them have to be replaced, our car is on the list. We are seeing articles that say that BMW has until 2020 to replace it. Does that mean I am stuck with this thing? within two weeks of purchasing the car, the sound system died in the car. The car has locked me out of it at the gas station (keys in the car), the alarm has gone off while I was driving the car. It will suddenly sound an alarm that my passenger needs to wear it's seat belt when there is no passenger and nothing is on the seat. And now I have this airbag problem. I do not trust this car, I do not feel safe and BMW has not be helpful at all.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Jan 012016

X1

Vehicle seatbelts do not cross over chest for me. There is not a seatbelt adjuster like most vehicles have so the seat belt cuts across my neck and locks up on my neck when hitting the brakes. I spoke with BMW consumer and they recommend purchasing a cushion but that still does not resolve the issue. Its like the seat belt is choking or strangling me when braking. Also my keyless entry does not work from a distance like most vehicles. I have to be on the car pressing and pressing. I had the battery replaced like BMW recommended and it still does not work. However on their new model vehicle the new keyless entries work from a distance.

- Hampton, GA, USA

Aug 262013

X1

2014 BMW X-1. attorney representing consumer writes in regards to power assist brake failure accident. The consumer was stopped at a red light, when the stop/start system on her vehicle automatically shut the engine off. When the light changed, the consumer removed her foot from the brake pedal. The vehicle rolled forward a short distance. However, another vehicle of the consumer stopped. The consumer relied on the power assist brakes, but the engine did not promptly restart when she applied the brake multiple times. Consequently, she was unable to stop the vehicle and ultimately rear ended another vehicle.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

May 282014

X1 4-cyl

Start the engine closed all doors and start driving door ajar message popup on car dash board and interior light also on even all the doors are closed. Took to the dealer not able to fix it. Dealer said will order software update, been 2 weeks still get no call back from dealer.

- Arleta, CA, USA