2015 BMW X1 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW X1:

2015 BMW X1 Owner Comments

Jun 092015

For the fourth time since taking delivery of the new car, driving on city street in moderately heavy traffic, bringing the car to a stop by depressing the brake pedal caused the car to accelerate and the engine to rev above the 3,000 RPM level. (at the last event I watched the tachometer gauge as I was braking.) each time I had to panic-depress on the brake pedal to avoid a collision with the car in front. Each time I could feel the pulsation of the ABS brake on the pedal. The following morning I took the car into the dealer and reported the chronic malfunction. I waited for a response until this morning when I received an email announcing that my car was ready for pick-up, without any mention of disposition or repair. When I called and spoke to the service representative, I was told that they could find no problems.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA