8.5

2015 BMW X1 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW X1:

2015 BMW X1 Owner Comments

Oct 192016

X1

At around 8000 miles the car would hesitate upon hard acceleration, (merging into traffic) the car became unpredictable, sometimes it would preform as designed other times it would put me in a dangerous situation. I took the car in for service and advised them of the problem, I was told that they are aware of the complaint from other owners and they didn't have a fix. I called bmwna and told them about the problem, I was instructed to take it back to the dealer. After a few of trying to get an appointment unsuccessful the car almost caused a major accident, I took it back in and after a week they had decided to reprogram it, upon driving the car I noticed it was much more responsive and drove like a totally different car. However it displayed the problem on 2 more occasions just not as severe. I called bmwna and updated them, they sent a field engineer out who looked over the car and told me "just drive it in sport mode", I dont feel as though I should drive in sport mode to merge into traffic. I called bmwna and told them of the results and asked them to take the car back, they refused. This car is unsafe and unpredictable.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jul 162014

X1

The vehicle completely shut off while driving. This happened several times on city street and while driving on a highway

- Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Jun 092015

X1

For the fourth time since taking delivery of the new car, driving on city street in moderately heavy traffic, bringing the car to a stop by depressing the brake pedal caused the car to accelerate and the engine to rev above the 3,000 RPM level. (at the last event I watched the tachometer gauge as I was braking.) each time I had to panic-depress on the brake pedal to avoid a collision with the car in front. Each time I could feel the pulsation of the ABS brake on the pedal. The following morning I took the car into the dealer and reported the chronic malfunction. I waited for a response until this morning when I received an email announcing that my car was ready for pick-up, without any mention of disposition or repair. When I called and spoke to the service representative, I was told that they could find no problems.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA