2016 BMW X3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 BMW X3:

2016 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Dec 292015

This all happened the same day beginning about 10am on 12/29/15. The car is a 2016 BMW X3 that I bought new in August 2015. 1.slowed to brake at a red light. I was the first car at the intersection. As I pushed the brake to come to a full stop, the car lurched into the intersection. I looked down and saw my foot on the brake and the car in drive. Fortunately, there was no cross traffic. I slowly accelerated and continued with my errand. 2. I stopped at a business with a parking lot. I slowly drove through the lot and found a open spot. Each parking spot had a concrete "stop bar". I slowly turned into the spot. When I pushed on the brake for a full stop, it lurched forward over the "stop bar" and hit the car parked directly in front of me. I put the car in reverse and was able to get back over the "stop bar". I looked carefully at both cars and could find no damage on either one. 3. I drove slowly directly to the BMW dealership where I bought the car on August 13, 2015. Two different service techs drove it and they ran all possible system tests on it. They could find nothing wrong. 4. I was so afraid to drive it, I traded in the 2016 X3 for a 2016 X1 the same day - 12-29-15. Both were new when I bought them. The X3 had 2,500 miles on it when I traded it in. I drove 139 days. 5. my concern is that the X3 will be sold as a used car without any further investigation into the problem. 6. the NHTSA reported that 88,000 bmws (various models including the X3) were recalled in 2014 for a brake problem. I gave this information to the dealership. NHTSA campaign number #14V627000, NHTSA action number: PE13030. I do not know if this problem is the same problem I had. NHTSA complaints like mine: 4 out 8 complaints for 2014 X3 4 out 8 complaints for 2015 X3 0 out of 1 complaint for 2016

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA