2.2

hardy worth mentioning

2001 BMW X5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW X5:

2001 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Oct 312012

X5 8-cyl

Today I brought my BMW X5 to dealer because the warning light goes on and off indicating a problem with the rear brake lights. Dealer said that the bulb holder had failed because of excessive heat melting the bulb holder. Last September, I had a new bulb holder assembly replaced for the rear turn signal after the same warning light came on and was then told that the device failed because of excess heat, melting the bulb assembly. These would seem to be related problems and safety issues.

- Dripping Springs, TX, USA