8.0

2002 BMW X5 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW X5:

2002 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Feb 172005

X5 4.4I

For a very expensive luxury car, this really sucks. Every time the temperature outside dips below freezing, the rubber door strips freeze over and make opening and closing the doors impossible. If you manage to get the doors open, you must melt accumulated ice and wipe it away so you can close the door again. Once inside the car, there's a good chance you'll get locked in because the doors freeze again pretty quickly. Make sure you leave yourself an extra 1/2 hour to get to work every morning! When we took it in for service, they told us that the solution is to put it in the garage instead of leaving it outside. Isn't that ridiculous! An SUV is supposed to be made for cold weather and rough terrain! I guess I'll have to sell my house and move so I can park my car in a garage, since my current garage is too small for me to safely drive the X5 into it. It's more likely that I'll sell this disappointment and buy a Benz. Would you want to put your children into a car that they might not be able to get out of?

- , New York, NY, USA