8.0

2003 BMW X5 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW X5:

2003 BMW X5 Owner Comments

May 152003

X5 3.0 3.0L

Am radio reception is the worst I've ever encountered in over 50 vehicles I have owned. I live in rural MN so AM is important. The dealer tested it and told me it was operating as it should. When I complained the third time( 360 miles roundtrip each time) he told me " no one listens to AM anyway. I said as long s there is an AM radio in the car it should be able to pick up a few stations. I talked with a customer service person at BWW, an absolute twit who knew nothing about cars, radios or much else, but she had great training in the company line while trying to get me off the line and referring me back to the dealer. I'm probably more upset about BMW' lying that there is no problem, when the net has lots of information from owners about the problem, than I am upset about the problem. I've used n transistor radio on the dash and it works better than the one that came in a $50,000 car. I'm done ith BMW. I will stick to Mercedes and Hondas. When I have a problem or concern with them I can get an honest response.

- , Grand Rapids, MN, USA