2005 BMW X5 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW X5:

2005 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Nov 262011

Bought the my car about 3 months ago, I noticed water leaking from the top console, I took it back the dealer and they cant find the problem. Its been leaking off and on. A few weeks ago I noticed about an inch of water deposit in the trunk area, some fuse were wet and other electronics from the water dripping good thing it did not cause a fire. I took it to BMW and they said either I need a new sunroof cassette($5000) or new water drains(($1300) which they claimed was missing on one side, not sure if the car came out of production with one missing water drain. Who would spend that amount of money on some repairs that`S not even guarantee to fix the leak? I`M just concerned that this problem is fire hazard.

- Seattle, WA, USA