2.3

2007 BMW X5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW X5:

2007 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Jan 102011

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. While operating the vehicle, the engine would suddenly shut off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the water pump was faulty. The water pump was repaired, but the failure continued. The water pump was replaced on three separate occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The contact received the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V364000 (air bags) in may of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Nov 202015

X5

Car had 56000 miles on it, at 99500 motor went, then air springs, parking brake, takata recall, when the transmission, vacuum pump, and how the recall on the fuel pump. Today the I drive went out in total myself and the warranty company have spend over 24000. Dollars on a car that per BMW is the ultimate driving machine, more like junk!!! and no parts in sight to repair the air bags or the fuel pump. I think a class action should be filed. I'm 58 years old not 18 I take good care of my cars. The car value on kelly blue book is only 12000. We need help to make BMW stand behind where quality not their hand in our back pockets, no car that cost $77500 in 2007 should have all these problems. A Ford or Chevy would do better. I've been told that BMW knew there was a problem with the 2007-2010 X5 with the 4.8 I engine and I drive but never made it good, just ask anyone that owned one. My last one I think Kia would hold up better!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way the car has 125200 now, I'm afraid to drive it, it just quits with no warning.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Sep 082014

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. While driving 40 mph making a left turn, the engine stalled and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the coil springs needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 94,000.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 022015

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. Upon starting the vehicle, the instrument panel displayed a low coolant error message. The contact stated that the coolant reservoir was replenished and the error message was no longer displayed on the instrument panel; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was confirmed that there was a coolant leak and the water pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Hodges, SC, USA

Mar 092014

X5

My X5 BMW 2007 6 cylinder 3.0 with 74,605 makes a ticking noise in the engine when in cold I recently purchased it on March 9,2007 at the auto West BMW of fremont.I have taken it a couple of times to the dealer for that same reason and the dealer claims there is nothing wrong. I have done research online and seen that there is other people with the same problem. Now every morning I start the car it makes the same noise after I run it for a couple miles it stops but the dealer says that is normal and I have only ran it max 3,000 miles since I bought it and I also bought extended warranty for it but they say nothing is wrong that is normal for it to make that noise.

- San Leandro , CA, USA