2007 BMW X5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW X5:

2007 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Sep 012010

X5

Passenger side floorboard gets wet. Has occurred twice in six months of ownership of vehicle. Updated 03/10/11

- Talladega, AL, USA

Nov 202010

X5

In Mar 2007, I purchased a new BMW 2007 X5. Since then we have had two major issues. 1) emergency parking failed in Dec 2007 (less than a year after purchase) and 2) my family including my enfant was looked inside our vehicle for about 10 minutes. My wife and kids were in the vehicle while I went inside the store. After I got back to the vehicle, my wife told me she saw service lights. I try to start the vehicle and the vehicle wouldn't start. Idrive screen faded in and out, windshield wipers moved slow, and I saw various service messages. In the process of trying to start the vehicle, all doors locked. I try to unlock the doors and wasn't able to. My family and I were trapped inside the vehicle with our kids. The emergency flashers worked as well as the horn. I notice the vehicle next to me (driver's side) was backing out. I honked the horn and banged on the window to get the passenger's attention. She was nice enough to notice and her husband got out the vehicle and called 911. The good samaritan tries to unlock the vehicle from the outside without any luck. The vehicle started to fog up and felt as if there were no air circulating inside the vehicle. I was parked in an area which was not well lighted and it was dark and raining outside. With a dark interior and no lights working inside the vehicle, I wasn't able to see find the manually unlock in the back trunk area. About 8-10 minutes in to this terrible ordeal, the doors unlocked automatically. BMW service replaced the battery and wasn't able to reproduce the problem.this is very concerning as my family can be trapped inside the vehicle and BMW wasn't able to find any issue. If the battery dies again, we may not be as fortunate next time. I have filed a complaint with BMW North America. This needs to be further investigated as others may not be as fortunate due to BMW poor/improper design.

- Dublin, CA, USA