2008 BMW X5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW X5:

2008 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Apr 202012

X5

I was driving under heavy rain on April 20, 2012 in houston, tx. I first saw engine overheating warning sign on the dash and then misty smoke came out under the hood. I had to get off the highway and drove to a nearby repair shop. It was determined that the failure was due to a faulty water pump. I had a friend who has a 2008 BMW X5 and recently had the same issue. We believe that recall #11V521000 that concerns only 2010-2011 BMW X5 needs to be expanded to X5S of earlier years. Thank you for your consideration.

- Houston, TX, USA