2008 BMW X5 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW X5:

2008 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Jun 232014

The car would not startor stall at the traffic light

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Oct 112015

In October of 2015 while making a right turn very slowly into a one lane drive thru, my BMW X5 accelerated climbed up a 2 foot wall that was on the drivers side rode the front drivers side wheel upon the wall. I tried to break and pull the hand brake the car would not stop. I turned the steering wheel to the right the car hopped off the wall on to the ground and I turned off the car. The car just accelerated so fast and hard my sister and I could not believe how it climbed the tile wall with one wheel and came down to the ground. Now I had just got the car back from the dealership 5 days earlier when they replaced the water pump and replaced the 2 front tires and did a wheel alignment a $2500 job. It was very scary luckily there was no people or another car close by. I immediately called the dealership and took it in the next morning. I explained what happened I felt that the car had a malfunction with the accelerator it made the car go so fast and hard. It wasn't just a crash into the wall it climbed the wall. Of course BMW said the engineer said there is nothing wrong with the brakes or drive shaft? what gets to me is that I just got the car back from the local dealership. I feel like the power of the vehicle was so strong and powerful there was no way that it could hop on the wall like that and not just crash straight into the wall. Oh side note the very next morning 10-12-2015 my sister heard on abc morning news that a BMW SUV just ran into a glass window at a store the car accelerated on it's own!

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 272014

The contact owns a 2008 BMW X5. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle decelerated independently and engaged into limp mode. The vehicle then stalled as the parking brake and engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was able to be restarted and was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the braking system failed and there was an xdrive malfunction. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 10V518000(fuel system, gasoline ) that could have been related to the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 19,150.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 292013

After the check engine light came on we took our vehicle to a local shop conway motors in everett, wa. Conway motors diagnosed the problem as a fuel pump and the wiring was burnt connecting the fuel pump. Mark at conway motors called BMW to see if there was a recall and was surprised when BMW parts in seattle stated there was not a recall but they were familiar with the problem and there had been other similar complaints with burnt wiring connected to the fuel pump. Mark advised we could not drive the vehicle and we were lucky the vehicle had not exploded. My wife drives this vehicle daily to work and BMW is aware of the issue but has not done a recall is totally unacceptable and put my wife's life in danger.

- Granite Falls, WA, USA