2009 BMW X5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW X5:

2009 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Sep 172015

I took my vehicle in to BMW service department because I was having problems with my vehicle dry starting (didn't want to start as if it was out of gas). Service guy informed me after he ran a diagnostic check that it was my battery. I was flabbergasted, because that didn't sound of a dead battery. I paid 460 (new battery and diagnostic check) and he assured he ran it again with the new battery and no codes was shown again. Before I even got into my vehicle the Transport guy notice a light on. Service guy checked it out and finds out rear light needs to be replaced, wait a few. Calls me in the back and says we have a big problem, the right tail light wiring harness has burnt and melted the socket and the whole assembly, which will now cost 380 to repair. My husband takes a look at the left side, and it's worst then the right side, which means both sides needs to be repaired. This is a huge safety issue because it could lead to a fire hazard and the owner would bot even know it. The service guy said he ran a check before and after the replacement of the new battery all within 24hrs, and it didn't it catch this huge safety issue that has been going on in my vehicle, which is naked to the eye unless someone opens up those departments and look with a flash light. Please be aware and lets get this resolved.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 262013

X5 6-cyl

When let go of brake after stopping at red light, very often that this vehicle makes a suddent jump. This happens so often that cause a safety concern.

- Missouri City, TX, USA