2013 BMW X5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW X5:

2013 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Dec 142015

Voice activated navigation and communications do not work and are a driver distraction due do to a system that does not work. System is is supposed to be a hands free operation to enable drivers not to be distracted while driving and placing a phone call or directions. This occurs while the vehicle in is in motion.

- Prospect, KY, USA

Jul 202015

After starting the car, putting the car in drive, initiating a three point turn, after the first part of the turn when the accelerator is released the car will jerk, accelerate, lunge forward. I was able to get my foot on the brake to prevent additional forward motion. The revs rhythmically surged up and down between 2500rpms and idle. The whole time the vehicle was trying to drive forward. Then after a few seconds the vehicle stalled. We've taken the car to the dealership three times to get this fixed but they can find no fault with the car. This happens between once to four times per month. The car has almost driven off the road on its own and came close to hitting a parked car. We've been lucky to get our foot on the brake before that's happened. The dealership says we should take the car back as it's fine.

- Mill Valley, CA, USA

May 232015

After a concert, I drove my X5 out off a parking lot with my wife. I could feel a little bit about something uncommon on the driver side door, but did not pay much attention because there is no sign on indicator board showing the doors did not closed. At a traffic light, I turned to right, and diver door opened suddenly. I have to slow down, and tried to close the door while driving, but the door could not be closed. The door lock did not work. I parked the car at a shopping center parking lot, and realized that I could not open or close the door lock after trying different ways. I had to drive to home using one hand holding the door and the other hand driving. It was very dangerous. Do not know what happened, it is 2013 model, only one and half year SUV.

- Edison, NJ, USA