2014 BMW X5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW X5:

2014 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Mar 122016

While both in city driving as well as in the rules the car braked spontaneously with no one or nothing in sight. The road conditions were clear there was no one or nothing on the road that should have caused the pedestrian indicator to cause the car to apply the brakes. This happened on two different occasions and both occasions the roads were clear and on unobstructed. This occurred while I and my husband we're driving at speeds of approximately 30 to 35 mph. This is a potential hazard because sets spontaneous breaking can cause a rear end collision.

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Sep 212014

I was on a traveling on my vehicle and as I got in and out of the vehicle earlier that day it began to move forward because the glue that makes it sticky stick to the carpet fell off a couple of weeks ago. As I was traveling I tried to brake and the floor mat got caught up behind the brake and the front of the gas pedal. I had to look down and reach to pull the floor mat back to where it is supposed to be. I almost hit the vehicle in front of me!

- Mcallen, TX, USA