2014 BMW X5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW X5:

2014 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Nov 042016

X5

Takata recall.... I received notification from BMW of the safety recall and "final remedy available" I called stevens creek BMW to schedule an appointment and was advised that it will take about 1 month for them to get the part. With a recall involving serious injury or death I feel that 1 month is far too long to expect owners not to be able to safely drive their vehicle.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 102016

X5

The contact owns a 2014 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V683000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Feb 252015

X5

I am reporting to you an accident I suffered last Wednesday, February 25, 2015 with my 2014 BMW X5. In the accident, I slid on ice on the road for more than 150 feet and then went off the side of the mountain, became airborne, broke through trees, and then eventually crashed into a concrete wellhouse about 50' down the mountain. The impact by the concrete wellhouse caused my entire front driver's side and driver's door and left front to be damaged. The damage is very significant. When I finally stopped, the computer screen on the car said "airbag failure/malfunction." I have suffered injuries because of the fall and the impact to my neck, back, shoulder, arm, etc. I am extremely concerned that my car, supposedly an incredibly safe and smart vehicle, failed to protect me with the deployment of the airbags.

- Asheville, NC, USA