- August 1: BMW Recalls Older 3-Series and 5-Series Cars recalls | 18 days ago
- July 15: BMW Recalls 14,000 Vehicles to Replace Reflectors recalls | 35 days ago
- July 5: BMW Recalls M760Li and Other Models in 2 Recalls recalls | 45 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 62 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls 2017 X5 M and X6 M Cars recalls | 70 days ago
2016 BMW X5
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW X5
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW X5 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW X5 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING NHTSA Campaign #16V919000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
Consequence: If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V919000 »