2013 BMW X6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW X6:

2013 BMW X6 Owner Comments

May 272015

Upon on starting the vehicle and dropping into drive or reverse the vehicle accelerates on its on, the the tachometer jumps to 1000 and even up to 1500 without touching the accelerator. I have brought the vehicle three time to different dealerships and they could fix the issue. I have almost collided with multiple vehicles in parking lots and almost ran into our building, I have to step on the break very hard to reduce the car lunging forward, the car still travels with my brake on, if there were a child or person in front of me they would be injured severely, this is very unsafe. I have video of the tachometer going from 0-1000 almost coming to a stall, it has stalled two times in the past.

- Phoenix , AZ, USA