2001 BMW Z3 clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW Z3:

2001 BMW Z3 Owner Comments

Jul 082005

Z3 6-cyl

On June 3,2005, I had new brakes & tires put on my 2001 Z-3 BMW roadster by hendricks BMW of hickory, nc. On July 8,2005 while decending mountain rd in Cherokee, nc, my clutch locked-up and I was unable to drive the car. I had the car towed to hendrick's where they claim I needed a new clutch for $875. There is only 35,000 miles on my car and I feel the BMW center didn't check the brake fluid when my brakes were replaced and that caused the clutch to lock-up. I would like you to investigate if any other Z3 owners have had to replace their clutch before 36,000 miles as I almost lost my life going down hill last Friday.

- Union Mills, NC, USA