2004 BMW Z4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW Z4:

2004 BMW Z4 Owner Comments

Apr 052011

Z4 6-cyl

Loss of electrical assisted steering/steering wheel very sluggish.

- Tulare, CA, USA

Jul 122010

Z4 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Z4 that I purchased last August used. I rarely drove the car and kept it mainly for leisure until this past July. This July, on the drive from warner robins, ga to hilton head, SC, I noticed the steering would stick and I had to use force to get it back aligned with the road. Since that time each day when I leave work after the car has been parked all day in the heat it does the same thing. Its almost as if the car is tracking. Normally my speed does not exceed 40 mph. I have had the tires checked, they are new run flat tires, no problem, I have had it aligned and I am still having problems with steering when temperatures exceed 85 degrees. It does not do this in the morning when the temperature is below 80. It is sometimes so hard to steer that it creates a hazard as I have to fight to correct and than it pulls radically to the right to overcorrect. This has at times put me in a very hazardous and dangerous condition with traffic.

- Warner Robins , GA, USA